[Freeswitch-users] Sofia listens only on 127.0.0.1 after server VM reboot?
Dmitry Sytchev
2012-11-25 16:16:42 UTC
Hi All!

We faced strange problem after FS migration from hardware server to Debian
6.0.6 in VMWare ESXi.
After every VM reboot, FS starts normally, but doesn't receive any SIP
traffic.
netstat -ln shows that freeswitch listens on *:5060, but if we do 'sofia
profile local restart', it says than it restarts on 127.0.0.1
If we do /etc/init.d/freeswitch restart, FS starts normally and work as
expected.

My only idea is that probably FS starts earlier than network interfaces
become configured with IP, although there is $network in # Required-Start
section of init script. Nothing changes if I set $all in #Required-Start to
make FS start at the very end of boot.

I tried to configure static IP in config instead of $local_ipv4, but with
no luck. Probably if the problem is in unconfigured IP interface, we also
need enable_nonlocal_bind proc settings to make this work, but it is a
generally poor and inacceptable workaround :(
Any ideas how can I trace what is the exact problem leading to such
behaviour?
--
Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,
IT Engineer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hard set an ip for sip profiles and never use 0.0.0.0 as the bind ip, it
does not work....
Post by Dmitry Sytchev
[...]
Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org
http://www.ClueCon.com
http://www.OSTAG.org
irc.freenode.net #freeswitch

consulting at freeswitch.org
http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
http://www.cudatel.com
Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://wiki.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com
FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org
http://www.freeswitch.org
--
Best regards,

Dmitry Sytchev,
IT Engineer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
What are you setting in your profile as the IP?
--
Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531
Twitter: @FreeSWITCH_Wire
T: +1.918.420.9266 | F: +1.918.420.9267 | M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9266
UK: +44 20 3298 4900
ISN: 410*543
Dmitry Sytchev
2012-11-29 04:26:01 UTC
I'm setting public ip address of my FS server
I think problem appears when this IP is not on interface yet when FS starts

brian at freeswitch.org
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531