Status of ubuntu/debian packages.
William King
2009-09-23 16:08:27 UTC
Just to give everyone an update. There are working Ubuntu packages in a
launchpad ppa. Debian users can add the ppa to their apt sources and
build the package on your box. I'm currently using the packages on my
home box and it is working great.

Alright. I'm looking for people who want to use the packages. There are
built packages for Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, and I'm working on 9.10 as
well. I'm building two apt repos. One will have nightly builds and the
other will be for tagged releases, plus any major bug fixes.

Thanks to Frank, we now have everything split out into separate files
for everything. This is to try to reduce the amount of stuff you 'have'
to download by default. We have the en-us-callie sounds packaged at 8k,
16k, 32k, and 48k, we also have packaged the russian-elena and music on
hold at the same qualities. If there are other languages, or voices I'd
be more than happy to package them. I just need the 48k. Also we have
separated the packages out so you can specify which mods you want, such
as mod_perl, mod_python, mod_lua are all separate so you can install
them if you want.

nightlies:
https://launchpad.net/~pbxbuntu-drivers/+archive/ppa

tagged releases:
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/ppa

The tagged released packages will start with the 1.0.5 tagged release
which some say should be coming out soon.

Any one who would like to help out feel free to sign up with a launchpad
account, and request to join the driver team of either or both ppa's.

Once we have some people using the packages, and testing them, I have
already talked to some of the ubuntu official package maintainers about
what would need to be done to add freeswitch into the ubuntu multiverse
repo.

Any questions?

-William King (quentusrex)
Alberto Escudero
2009-09-23 16:22:40 UTC
Hi William,

I will be very happy to test them, can you share the source and procedure
to create the .debs?
It will be also very good to find ways to have a cepstral package included
*pending the licence* of course :)

/aep
--
Stopping junk mailers is good for the environment
William King
2009-09-23 16:30:01 UTC
I would be more than happy to share the code I use.

Here is the git repo:

http://git.home.quentustech.com:9191/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/

If anyone wants git commit access just send me your ssh public key and
I'll add it to the repo. As you can see Frank and I have been busy for
the last week.

-William King
/aep
Jason White
2009-09-25 05:52:00 UTC
[Just catching up on this thread.]
Post by William King
I would be more than happy to share the code I use.
http://git.home.quentustech.com:9191/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/
When you would like your changes to the Debian build infrastructure in
FreeSWITCH to be tested on Debian Sid, I'll gladly volunteer, excluding any
modules that depend on proprietary software that I don't have and don't want,
e.g., Skype.

I would also like to see these changes integrated into the FreeSWITCH
repository to replace what is currently in the debian directory, once you have
a version that is well tested.
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-25 08:34:14 UTC
Post by William King
I would be more than happy to share the code I use.
http://git.home.quentustech.com:9191/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/
When you would like your changes to the Debian build infrastructure in
FreeSWITCH to be tested on Debian Sid, I'll gladly volunteer, excluding any
modules that depend on proprietary software that I don't have and don't want,
e.g., Skype.
If you don't use mod_skypiax then no Skype client software is
required. There is no dependency on the package level.
Post by Jason White
I would also like to see these changes integrated into the FreeSWITCH
repository to replace what is currently in the debian directory, once you have
a version that is well tested.
It would be great if William's changes are committed to FreeSWITCH svn
repository. Anyway, debian folder in /trunk is outdated (has not been
updated since FreeSWITCH 1.0.3).

- Dmitry Bely
Massimo "CtRiX" Cetra
2009-09-25 13:38:28 UTC
Post by Dmitry Bely
It would be great if William's changes are committed to FreeSWITCH svn
repository. Anyway, debian folder in /trunk is outdated (has not been
updated since FreeSWITCH 1.0.3).
Just updated to build and package some new modules

MAx
Mathieu Parent
2009-09-25 15:02:31 UTC
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Massimo "CtRiX" Cetra
Post by Massimo "CtRiX" Cetra
Post by Dmitry Bely
It would be great if William's changes are committed to FreeSWITCH svn
repository. Anyway, debian folder in /trunk is outdated (has not been
updated since FreeSWITCH 1.0.3).
Just updated to build and package some new modules
Can you also add the tts_commandline module?
Patch attached

Mathieu Parent
Can you also add the tts_commandline module?
Patch attached
Your patch was incomplete.
The fixed one is in 14976.

Max
Mathieu Parent

Mathieu
William King
2009-09-28 17:06:14 UTC
To confirm links since I got a few questions. My git repo has two
interfaces. One web port that you go to with the browser, and another
that you can clone if you send me your public ssh key.

Web:
http://git.home.quentustech.com:9191/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/

git+ssh:
http://git.home.quentustech.com:9192/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/

-William King
William King

Mathieu Parent

Mathieu
Massimo "CtRiX" Cetra

Max
Mathieu Parent

MAx
Dmitry Bely

- Dmitry Bely
Jason White

Frank Carmickle
2009-09-23 18:09:07 UTC
Hello Alberto
Post by Alberto Escudero
Hi William,
I will be very happy to test them, can you share the source and procedure
to create the .debs?
It will be also very good to find ways to have a cepstral package included
*pending the licence* of course :)
Mario Lang has a pretty neat way of building these in the gnome-speech package. On installation of gnome-speech-swift it builds the support against the installed cepstral. This is how I plan on dealing with this. Unfortunately there are a number of other items that need to be fixed before we add this. If you are willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

--FC
William King

/aep
Frank Carmickle

--FC
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-23 19:51:07 UTC
Post by William King
[...]
Can you enable mod_skypiax in your debian package?

- Dmitry Bely
Frank Carmickle
2009-09-23 20:25:25 UTC
Post by Dmitry Bely
Can you enable mod_skypiax in your debian package?
We will be enabling as much as we can cleanly build on debian/ubuntu. There will be a lot more to come. We will be breaking the mods and end points in to different packages so that you can install what you like. If you have something you would like to see in the package let us know. Also patches are welcome.

--FC
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-23 22:07:39 UTC
Post by Dmitry Bely
Can you enable mod_skypiax in your debian package?
We will be enabling as much as we can cleanly build on debian/ubuntu. ?There will be a lot more to come. ?We will be breaking the mods and end points in to different packages so that you can install what you like. ?If you have something you would like to see in the package let us know. ?Also patches are welcome.
Well, mod_skypiax just requires trivial one-line addition to
debian/rules and debian/freeswitch.install. It builds OK. If the patch
is required I can post it here.

- Dmitry Bely
William King

Dmitry Bely
2009-09-24 17:29:34 UTC
Post by William King
Sure, post it here and I'll add it in the next build in a few hours.
See attached file.

Unfortunately mod_skypiax author did not placed config files
(skypiax.conf.xml, skypiax.X.conf) into conf/autoload_configs, so they
are not included into freeswitch-config and should be added manually.

BTW, why swig is a dependency for the source package? I recall Brian's
post where he insists that swig is never needed to build Freeswitch.
Post by William King
-William King
Post by Dmitry Bely
Post by Dmitry Bely
Can you enable mod_skypiax in your debian package?
We will be enabling as much as we can cleanly build on debian/ubuntu. ?There will be a lot more to come. ?We will be breaking the mods and end points in to different packages so that you can install what you like. ?If you have something you would like to see in the package let us know. ?Also patches are welcome.
Well, mod_skypiax just requires trivial one-line addition to
debian/rules and debian/freeswitch.install. It builds OK. If the patch
is required I can post it here.
- Dmitry Bely
Hmm... That is interesting... swig is needed I believe only for the
mod_perl or the esl modules. I'll find out more information and put it
on the correct package.

I will also update the mod_skypiax config files in the *.install files.

-William King
Post by Dmitry Bely
Post by William King
Sure, post it here and I'll add it in the next build in a few hours.
See attached file.
Unfortunately mod_skypiax author did not placed config files
(skypiax.conf.xml, skypiax.X.conf) into conf/autoload_configs, so they
are not included into freeswitch-config and should be added manually.
BTW, why swig is a dependency for the source package? I recall Brian's
post where he insists that swig is never needed to build Freeswitch.
Post by William King
-William King
Michael Jerris
2009-09-25 04:37:59 UTC
I can confirm you should not need the swig dependency at all for
anything.

Mike
Post by William King
Hmm... That is interesting... swig is needed I believe only for the
mod_perl or the esl modules. I'll find out more information and put it
on the correct package.
I will also update the mod_skypiax config files in the *.install files.
-William King
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:14 AM, William King
Post by William King
Sure, post it here and I'll add it in the next build in a few hours.
See attached file.
Unfortunately mod_skypiax author did not placed config files
(skypiax.conf.xml, skypiax.X.conf) into conf/autoload_configs, so they
are not included into freeswitch-config and should be added manually.
BTW, why swig is a dependency for the source package? I recall Brian's
post where he insists that swig is never needed to build Freeswitch.
-William King
users
http://www.freeswitch.org
users
http://www.freeswitch.org
William King
2009-09-25 04:51:41 UTC
It has been removed from the dependencies. Thanks go to the reporter for
finding the extra depends.

A new round of builds just went out and built. Let me know if you find
something else. Also mod_skypiax should be available.

-William King
Post by William King
Sure, post it here and I'll add it in the next build in a few hours.
See attached file.
Unfortunately mod_skypiax author did not placed config files
(skypiax.conf.xml, skypiax.X.conf) into conf/autoload_configs, so they
are not included into freeswitch-config and should be added manually.
BTW, why swig is a dependency for the source package? I recall Brian's
post where he insists that swig is never needed to build Freeswitch.
-William King
Mark Sobkow
users
http://www.freeswitch.org
users
http://www.freeswitch.org
Unfortunately the launchpad.net distribution doesn't seem to be able to
mirror your builds, so there is nothing to download and install just yet.
William King
2009-09-25 17:28:53 UTC
Which launchpad address are you using?

I'm uploading to the freeswitch nightlies right now. And will post to
the freeswitch tagged release ppa when 1.05 comes out, or when the pre*
tags come out.

-William King
Mark Sobkow
2009-09-25 17:46:07 UTC
Post by William King
Which launchpad address are you using?
I'm uploading to the freeswitch nightlies right now. And will post to
the freeswitch tagged release ppa when 1.05 comes out, or when the pre*
tags come out.
-William King
Ah, perhaps that's why the keyserver update isn't working (times out.)

I now see some files uploaded to the repository. They weren't there a
couple hours ago. :)

BTW, we're running Hardy 8.04. I'm hoping we can get our production
version updated from that, but we've got a lot of clients fielded with
8.04 so at this point we're still running it for dev as well.
William King
2009-09-25 17:55:15 UTC
This is for everyone using the ubuntu packages.

DO NOT UPGRADE PAST HARDY FOR PRODUCTION.

There is a major issue with all the newer systems. It has something to
do with the threads. In my tests I have seen a box sit at 20% cpu usage
with no calls on it at all.

This bug isn't in hardy.

I will be trying to get a package that will auto add the launchpad key
to your apt keys.

-William King
Mark Sobkow
2009-09-25 18:51:57 UTC
Has the keyserver.ubuntu.com been uploaded with the key for the builds?
I keep getting a timeout trying to download the key to our ring.

apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 451AE93C
William King
2009-09-25 19:46:33 UTC
keyserver.ubuntu.com is down. I have not seen any official word about it
yet.

-William King
William King

Mark Sobkow
2009-09-25 18:51:57 UTC

William King

Mark Sobkow

William King

-William King
Mark Sobkow
William King

Michael Jerris

http://www.freeswitch.org
William King

Dmitry Bely

Dmitry Bely

- Dmitry Bely
William King
2009-09-23 21:48:21 UTC
I would be willing to package it. It would go faster with some help, or
a patch. One of my goals is to have all of the possible mods for
freeswitch as built packages.

-William King
Frank Carmickle
2009-09-23 20:25:25 UTC

--FC
William King

Dmitry Bely
2009-09-23 20:14:47 UTC
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM, William King <quentusrex at gmail.com> wrote:
(..)
Post by William King
Any questions?
Another problem (on Ubuntu jaunty):

Setting up freeswitch (1.0.4+repack6-0ubuntu14925.1) ...
adduser: The --group, --ingroup, and --gid options are mutually exclusive.
addgroup: The user `freeswitch' does not exist.
chown: invalid user: `freeswitch:freeswitch'

- Dmitry Bely
Frank Carmickle
2009-09-23 20:42:41 UTC
Post by Dmitry Bely
(..)
Post by William King
Any questions?
Setting up freeswitch (1.0.4+repack6-0ubuntu14925.1) ...
adduser: The --group, --ingroup, and --gid options are mutually exclusive.
addgroup: The user `freeswitch' does not exist.
chown: invalid user: `freeswitch:freeswitch'
Thanks for the report. Will fix.

--FC
Frank Carmickle

--FC
Hadley Rich
2009-09-23 20:57:02 UTC
Post by William King
Any questions?
What file structure did you create the package with i.e. /opt/, /usr/local/,
/usr/ - just wondering about inclusion into the archive.

Also you mentioned multiverse - what parts have licensing that requires going
into multiverse rather than universe?

Cheers,

hads
--
https://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP and Open Source Hardware
Frank Carmickle
2009-09-23 21:18:23 UTC
Hi Rich
Post by Hadley Rich
What file structure did you create the package with i.e. /opt/, /usr/local/,
/usr/ - just wondering about inclusion into the archive.
Currently it's /opt/freeswitch. I would like to see it move to FHS correct locations for inclusion in to debian/ubuntu. This is the next bit that I will be working on. Hopefully we can get it in good shape for the freeze of squeeze. Of course we also hope that the debian voip team will pick it up once we've cleaned it up.
Post by Hadley Rich
Also you mentioned multiverse - what parts have licensing that requires going
into multiverse rather than universe?
I am not an ubuntu guy so I can't speak to that. I would say that most of the licenses of the included packages would allow for inclusion in debian main. Things like the cepstral support would have to go in to contrib.

--FC
Hadley Rich
2009-09-23 21:33:33 UTC
Post by Frank Carmickle
Currently it's /opt/freeswitch. I would like to see it move to FHS correct
locations for inclusion in to debian/ubuntu. This is the next bit that I
will be working on.
Yeah, the FHS stuff was the bit that I got a little stuck on a while back.
Post by Frank Carmickle
Of course we also hope that the debian voip team will pick it
up once we've cleaned it up.
Sounds good.
Post by Frank Carmickle
I am not an ubuntu guy so I can't speak to that. I would say that most of
the licenses of the included packages would allow for inclusion in debian
main. Things like the cepstral support would have to go in to contrib.
Gotcha, multiverse is for "not free" software, so anything that can go into
main in Debian could go into universe in Ubuntu.

hads
William King
2009-09-23 22:02:27 UTC
It seems I had a port forwarded incorrectly for the external access to
the git web interface. here it is again:

http://git.home.quentustech.com:9191/cgit.cgi/freeswitch-ubuntu/

I've tested it to work now.

-William King
hads
Alberto Escudero

Frank Carmickle
2009-09-24 13:59:12 UTC
Post by Alberto Escudero
Hi,
Now I seem to reach the webserver. How do i checkout a local copy to run
the builder?
If you just want to build then you can put a line like

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/pbxbuntu-drivers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

in your sources.list replace jaunty with what ever your running. Then make sure you are in a directory where you want the source and

apt-get update -f ; apt-get source freeswitch

HTH
--FC
Frank Carmickle

--FC
Alberto Escudero

William King

hads
Hadley Rich

William King
2009-09-23 21:51:01 UTC
I would like to get the package into which ever would work best. I
haven't taken enough time to find out which repo would be the most
appropriate.

-William King
hads
Frank Carmickle

--FC
William King

hads
Gabriel Gunderson
2009-09-24 05:15:15 UTC
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:08 AM, William King <quentusrex at gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP/>
Post by William King
Once we have some people using the packages, and testing them, I have
already talked to some of the ubuntu official package maintainers about
what would need to be done to add freeswitch into the ubuntu multiverse
repo.
Any questions?
No questions. I'll start testing. I'll be testing 8.04 and check in
on 9.10 from time to time.

Thanks for the great work. Keep it up!

Best,
Gabe
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-24 20:36:18 UTC
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:08 PM, William King <quentusrex at gmail.com> wrote:

Another problem: all music packages in the repository (except 48Khz) are empty.

- Dmitry Bely
William King
2009-09-24 20:55:10 UTC
You're saying the binary sounds files are empty?

And only the music ones?

-William King
Frank Carmickle
2009-09-24 21:00:17 UTC
Hello
Post by Dmitry Bely
Another problem: all music packages in the repository (except 48Khz) are empty.
If your speaking of the source package then they should be. If the binary package freeswitch-sounds-music-8000 is empty then we have problems. It was working the other day. Please let me know.

--FC
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-24 21:32:11 UTC
Hello
Post by Dmitry Bely
Another problem: all music packages in the repository (except 48Khz) are empty.
If your speaking of the source package then they should be. ?If the binary package freeswitch-sounds-music-8000 is empty then we have problems. ?It was working the other day. ?Please let me know.
Of course, I meant the binary packages:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/pbxbuntu-drivers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/f/freeswitch-sounds-music/

Note their sizes.

- Dmitry Bely
William King
2009-09-24 22:58:53 UTC
Alright. I was able to get the freeswitch project officially on
launchpad. So here are the new links:

Nightlies:
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/freeswitch-nightly-drivers

Official releases plus major bug fixes:
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/ppa

-William King
Post by Dmitry Bely
Stephen Crosby
2009-09-24 23:08:11 UTC
Thanks William,

This is very helpful.

--Stephen
Post by William King
Alright. I was able to get the freeswitch project officially on
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/freeswitch-nightly-drivers<https://launchpad.net/%7Efreeswitch-drivers/+archive/freeswitch-nightly-drivers>
https://launchpad.net/~freeswitch-drivers/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Efreeswitch-drivers/+archive/ppa>
-William King
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Frank Carmickle <frank at carmickle.com>
Post by Frank Carmickle
Post by Frank Carmickle
If your speaking of the source package then they should be. If the
binary package freeswitch-sounds-music-8000 is empty then we have problems.
It was working the other day. Please let me know.
http://ppa.launchpad.net/pbxbuntu-drivers/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/f/freeswitch-sounds-music/
Note their sizes.
- Dmitry Bely
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Dmitry Bely

- Dmitry Bely
William King

Frank Carmickle
2009-09-24 21:00:17 UTC

--FC
William King

-William King (quentusrex)
Alberto Escudero

Dmitry Bely

- Dmitry Bely
Dmitry Bely

- Dmitry Bely
Hadley Rich

Gabriel Gunderson

Gabe
Dmitry Bely
2009-09-24 20:36:18 UTC

- Dmitry Bely
Jason White
2009-10-10 07:00:03 UTC
for those who are working on the Debian packages, the following ITP bug may be
of interest.
which also refers to an older entry.

Thanks are due to all who are contributing to the packaging effort.
Dmitry Bely
2009-10-18 09:49:33 UTC
William,

When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
package. This bug is quite annoying.

- Dmitry Bely
Frank Carmickle
2009-10-18 16:40:00 UTC
Post by Alberto Escudero
William,
When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
package. This bug is quite annoying.
Very sorry. I can try to include some code that detects if your moving from the old versions that don't have a config package to the new stuff that does. My way around this is not to install the freeswitch-config package at all. I extract it some where else and diff my way through it.

--FC
Dmitry Bely
2009-10-18 18:54:02 UTC
Post by Alberto Escudero
William,
When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
package. This bug is quite annoying.
Very sorry. ?I can try to include some code that detects if your moving from the old versions that don't have a config package to the new stuff that does.
I did have the previous version of freeswitch-config installed but
nevertheless the files were lost.
?My way around this is not to install the freeswitch-config package at all. ?I extract it
some where else and diff my way through it.
Yes, but the bug should be fixed.

- Dmitry Bely
Frank Carmickle
2009-10-19 13:09:47 UTC
Post by Dmitry Bely
Post by Alberto Escudero
William,
When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
package. This bug is quite annoying.
Very sorry. ?I can try to include some code that detects if your moving from the old versions that don't have a config package to the new stuff that does.
I did have the previous version of freeswitch-config installed but
nevertheless the files were lost.
Well I am very sorry. I wish I new why this happened for you. I have not experienced this ever. I will do some testing.

--FC
Patrick List
2009-10-18 11:31:17 UTC
Post by Alberto Escudero
William,
When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
package. This bug is quite annoying.
Hope you have a recent backup. Years ago when I created rpm packages for
Asterisk I chose to put the default config files in it's own directory
so there was no chance of your customized configs getting overwritten.
Example:
/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch-$svn_version-samples/

Maybe the maintainer of the debs can do something similar.

Regards,
Patrick
Frank Carmickle
2009-10-19 13:07:17 UTC
Post by Patrick List
so there was no chance of your customized configs getting overwritten.
/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch-$svn_version-samples/
Maybe the maintainer of the debs can do something similar.
We are planning on putting all of the different configs in /usr/share/doc/freeswitch/examples. Now if I could find the time to get this done.

--FC
Patrick List
2009-10-19 18:45:25 UTC
Post by Frank Carmickle
Post by Patrick List
so there was no chance of your customized configs getting overwritten.
/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch-$svn_version-samples/
Maybe the maintainer of the debs can do something similar.
We are planning on putting all of the different configs in /usr/share/doc/freeswitch/examples. Now if I could find the time to get this done.
That would obviously work. The advantage of sticking example configs in
their own folder designating the release (svn rev) they belong to is
that you can do a diff between two folders to see what has changed.
Maybe that's useful to some. Just a thought though.

Regards,
Patrick
Dmitry Bely
2009-10-19 20:23:19 UTC
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Patrick List
Post by Patrick List
Post by Patrick List
so there was no chance of your customized configs getting overwritten.
/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch-$svn_version-samples/
Maybe the maintainer of the debs can do something similar.
We are planning on putting all of the different configs in /usr/share/doc/freeswitch/examples. ?Now if I could find the time to get this done.
That would obviously work. The advantage of sticking example configs in
their own folder designating the release (svn rev) they belong to is
that you can do a diff between two folders to see what has changed.
Maybe that's useful to some. Just a thought though.
For most Debian packages dpkg just asks the user what he/she would
like to do with the newer config file from .deb: keep the old file,
replace it with the new file, diff old with new files etc. Not an
option here?

- Dmitry Bely
Dmitry Bely
2009-10-19 20:32:04 UTC
Can you build FreeSWITCH .deb package with tls transport support?
Anyway it already depends on openssl package.

Another problem:

2009-10-20 00:28:50.728557 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error
**/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_cluechoo.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory**
2009-10-20 00:28:50.728604 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error
**/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_valet_parking.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory**

Modules mod_cluechoo & mod_valet_parking are referenced in the config
but not present in the package.

- Dmitry Bely
William King
2009-10-19 21:28:39 UTC
Thanks for the catch. I have fixed the valet_parking as of last night.
And cluechoo will be fixed after this upcoming nightly.

Does anyone know how the other packages deal with locally modified
config files? I like the idea of adding the diffs, but prompting first
per file to see if it should be ignored, diffed, or overwritten.

-William King
Rupa Schomaker
2009-10-19 21:40:30 UTC
I was under the impression that if you mark the files as conffiles you
get the default behavior which prompts for diff/overwrite/edit
options. If you want to get real fancy, look into using ucf to do
three-way diffs between installed default, user modifications and new
default.

Finally, I have checked the current package state, but please put all
the confs in a separate package and make it a suggests not a depends.
I absolutely hate how debian packages keep creating files that I've
removed (ex: in our case would be eg: 1000.xml). Since conf is so
small, maybe two. one that puts them in /etc for people that want
quick out of the box setup and one that puts 'em in
/usr/share/doc/freeswitch/examples for people that want to use the
current defaults as a sample rather than as the basis for their
config.
-Rupa
Hadley Rich
2009-10-19 21:43:59 UTC
Post by William King
Does anyone know how the other packages deal with locally modified
config files? I like the idea of adding the diffs, but prompting first
per file to see if it should be ignored, diffed, or overwritten.
dpkg handles config files;

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ap-pkg-conffiles.html

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier
Dmitry Bely
2009-10-20 17:43:03 UTC
William,

Where is mod_skypiax.so? Isn't freeswitch-skypiax package expected to
contain it?

- Dmitry Bely
Jason White
2009-10-10 07:00:03 UTC